Board Certified Pediatrics, 2004
Board Certified, Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics, 2013
The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
Fellow, Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics, July 2008 to August 2011
- Diagnosis and management of autism spectrum disorders, ADHD, developmental delays, intellectual disabilities, speech delays & disorders, motor delays, selective mutism, learning disabilities and behavioral issues.
- Inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation of children with organic and acquired brain injuries.
- Neurodevelopmental assessment of children with prematurity, genetic syndromes, neuromuscular conditions, spina bifida and psychiatric co-morbidities.
- Management of encopresis & enuresis
Emory University School of Medicine, July 2000-October 2003
Department of Pediatrics - Pediatric Residency Training Program, Atlanta, GA
Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, 1996 - 2000
School of Medicine, Richmond, VA
Duke University, 1992-1996
Degree: BS Biology, Cum Laude
The Unterberg Children’s Hospital at Monmouth Medical Center
Barnabas Health Medical Group
Attending Physician, Pediatrics
Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrician
2008 – 2011
The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
Fellowship, Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics
2007 - 2008
Central Jersey Emergency Medicine Associates.
Pediatrician, Emergency Room
2004 - 2007
S.J. Kharod MD, PA.
Pediatrician, private practice
2003 - 2004
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Primary Care Center at Marietta.
Pediatrician, hospital outpatient clinic
- Board Certified, October 2004, American Board of Pediatrics
- Board Certified, April 2013, Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics
- Pediatric Resident QI project mentor: IRB approved 9/11/12: “Facilitating Early Diagnosis and Intervention in children with autism spectrum disorders at MMC Outpatient Clinic”
- Abstract Reviewer, Pediatric Academic Societies, Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C, May 2013.
- Reviewer, World Journal of Pediatrics, April 2012
- Reviewer, Journal of Autism and Developmental Disabilities, July 2013
- The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, 2009-2010 Clinician Reviewer, Pennsylvania Autism and Developmental Disabilities Surveillance Program. Centers for Disease Control, Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring Network: A public health surveillance program to monitor the prevalence of Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Emory University, Department of Pediatrics, Development & Behavior, 2002. Faculty Sponsor: Leslie Rubin, M.D., Director, Division of Developmental Pediatrics: Developed core syllabus for residency training.
- The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, July 1997. TraumaLink: The Center of Interdisciplinary Pediatric Trauma Research P.I. Flaura Koplin Winston M.D., Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Pediatrics. Summer Research Assistant: Conducted research on pedestrian injuries.
- Sell N, Levy S, Blum N, Hanlon A, Giarelli E. “A Comparison of Autism Spectrum Disorder DSM-IV Criteria and Associated Features among African-American and White Children in Philadelphia County”. Disability and Health Journal. 2012; 5: 9-17.
- Glanzman M and Sell N. “Attention Deficits and Hyperactivity”. In M.L. Batshaw, N.J. Roizen, G.R. Lotrecchiano (Eds.), Children with Disabilities, Seventh Edition. Baltimore: Paul H. Brooks Publishing Co. 2012.
- Farrell C, Rappaport L, Sell N, Tang B. “Autism Treatments Case”: A Curriculum to Teach Pediatric Residents about Autism Spectrum Disorders developed by the CDC and the Human Resources and Services Administration’s Maternal & Child Health Bureau Developmental Behavioral Fellowship Programs
- Sell N and Kratimenos P. Review of “Elimination Disorders in Children and Adolescents” by Christopherson, E and Friman P. Journal of Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics. 2012; 33(9):731.
- Next Steps Family Workshop, The Center for Autism Research, Philadelphia PA, 2009-2011. A workshop for families of children newly diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders. “Medical Evaluation in Autism”, March 2009. Expert on Panel providing information and answering direct questions to parents/caregivers
- Maternal Child Health Bureau Annual Meeting of Leadership Education in Developmental-Pediatrics Training Programs, Research presentation: “A Comparison of Autism Spectrum Disorder DSM-IV Criteria and Associated Features among African-American and White Children in Philadelphia County.” April 2009, Philadelphia, PA. March 2010, New Haven, CT
- Presenter, APHA National meeting, 2011, Washington D.C.: “A Comparison of Autism Spectrum Disorder DSM-IV Criteria and Associated Features among African-American and White Children in Philadelphia County”
- Presenter, Grand Rounds, The Children’s Hospital at Monmouth Medical Center, 2012, Long Branch, NJ: “22q11 deletion and Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics”
- Presenter, Resident Lecture, The Children’s Hospital at Monmouth Medical Center, 2012, Long Branch, NJ: “Learning Disabilities”, 2011. “Autism Spectrum Disorders”, 2012. “MCHAT”, 2012. “ADHD”, 2013
- Speak Up for Kids, Child Mind Institute, Open House, 2012, Long Branch, NJ: An event to increase awareness of mental health and behavioral issues among children.
- Moderator, Original Science Abstracts, “Autism”, Pediatric Academic Societies, Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C., May 4-7 2013
- Presenter, Pediatric Symposium, Eagle Oaks Country Club, September 2013: “An Overview of Autism Spectrum Disorders”
- Consultant for Developmental Behavioral Evaluations for Tinton Falls School District, Tinton Falls, NJ, Ocean Township, NJ & Rumson School District, Rumson, NJ
- Proficient in conversational and medical Spanish and Hindi, Fluent in Gujarati
- Proficient in use of EHR including Wellsoft, EPIC, SCM, Cerner
- Member of professional societies including: AAP, AAP-NJ, SDBP